What types of personal information do we hold?
- Information that you provide us including your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, bank account and payment card details and any feedback you provide us, including by phone, email, post or when you communicate with us via social media;
- Your account login details for our services, including your user name and chosen password;
- Information about whether you want or not you want to receive marketing communications from us (for example newsletters and promotions). We hold information on whether communications have been opened and if you have clicked on any links within that communication. We want to make sure that our communications are useful for you, so if you do not open or click any links within our communications, we know we need to improve our services;
- Information about any device you have used to access our services (such as device’s make and model, browser or IP address);
How do we use your personal data?
We may use your information in the following ways:
- To provide our products and services – we need to use your personal information to make our products available to you.
- To personalise your shopping experience – we try to understand our customers so we can provide an improved shopping experience, relevant marketing, personalised offers, shopping ideas and online advertising. Understanding how you use our website, what and where you shop helps us to do this.
- Analytics and profiling – we use your personal information for statistical analysis and to help us understand more about our customers.
- Contacting you – we use your personal information to contact you (for example to discuss any questions you have raised with us and vice versa).
Sharing of information
We are totally committed to ensuring that your online shopping experience is completely private and when you give us your name, address, credit card, contact details, or any other personal details we promise to keep them safe and secure and with the exception of that outlined in this policy, we promise never to share them with anyone outside of our website.
Keeping you informed about our products and services
We would like to tell you about the great offers, ideas, products and services of Home From Home from time to time that we think you might be interested in. Where we have your consent or it is in our legitimate interests to do so, we may do this through the post, by email, text message or by any other electronic means.
We won't send you marketing messages if you tell us not to, but if you receive a service from us we will still need to send you occasional service-related messages. If you wish to amend your marketing preferences, you can do so by contacting the Home From Home via email at email@example.com.
Please note that it can take up a little while for all marketing to stop once you either withdraw your consent or tell us you’d like to opt out of marketing. This is because some marketing may already be in transit.
You have a number of rights under data protection legislation which, in certain circumstances, you may be able to exercise in relation to the personal information we process about you
- The right to access a copy of the personal information we hold about you;
- The right to correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
- The right to restrict our use of your personal information;
- The right to be forgotten;
- The right of data portability; and
- The right to object to our use of your personal information.
Where we rely on consent as the legal basis on which we process your personal information, you may also withdraw that consent at any time.
If you are seeking to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we will need to verify your identity before we can fulfil any of your rights under data protection law. This helps us to protect the personal information belonging to our customer against fraudulent requests.
How long do we hold on to your information?